windows

Having problems? Post here see if someone can help.
killer

Re: windows

Post by killer » February 9th, 2013, 12:07 pm

A tea pot caddie will do the same ?lol

buster121

Post by buster121 » February 9th, 2013, 12:42 pm

aint got tea pot mate ;) ;)

killer

Post by killer » February 9th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Pity because it has a hole in the Tea Cossy to fit your Nose ?lol

buster121

Post by buster121 » February 10th, 2013, 9:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

killer

Post by killer » February 10th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Don't encourage me ?lol

NIracingpigeon

Post by NIracingpigeon » March 1st, 2013, 11:58 pm

buster121 wrote:when you put it on it takes ages before the monitor comes on then it just keeps trying to load it will eventually ask start normal or repair if you say repair will try then blue screen if you say start normal just keeps trying to load eventually it will load the 4 dots that go into windows logo then freezes or sometimes will load
HI I work with Computers (I run a repair shop here in NI), and I'm afraid your PC will probably need a Hard Drive, if the errors are continuing after a reinstall, etc.

Usually, when you get this type of error, it is due to the Hard Drive having a few errors on it - it need not necessarily mean you need a new drive, as it can be just a few sectors out of hundred of thousands. Your Operating System (Windows) tends to hammer the same sectors of the disk over and over again - it is the one app which is pretty much used everytime your PC is on really.

My advice, firstly, and what we'd do here:
  • Boot up with a Windows CD
  • Go to Command Prompt
  • Type in CHKDSK /r (at the c:/windows> or whatever prompt in Command Prompt)
  • Wait until this checks & repairs your Hard Drive
  • Try to get back into Windows - if it still Blue Screens, then your Operating System (Windows) is corrupt and needs repaired.
  • Once you try the 'Repair' of Windows, if you are still getting problems, it will then need a complete Factory Restore of Windows (at this stage, do what you can to get your data off there).
  • If a Factory Restore still gives problems, then your Hard Drive is maybe beyond repair, and you will need a new one.
To be honest, the above makes no real sense to someone, if they are not a little PC literate, so I'd suggest running it into a local repair store - we would do all of the above, leaving the machine like new, with all data & apps reloaded, etc for about £40 here - so I cannot imagine that being too much worse on the mainland.

Always, always take a backup of all your documents and pictures (a 16Gb Memory Stick can be bought nowadays for about £15), as a serious Hard Drive Error can mean you lose everything on there (and the hard drives being supplied in some PCs at the moment are of shocking quality).

A couple of things re buying a New Hard Drive:
  • We tend to always buy Western Digital or Seagate Barracuda Hard Drives - they seem to fail a lot less often than all of the other brands. they are worth the extra couple of quid.
  • If you must buy a Hard Drive from eBay, ensure it is NEW, a used one can be giving you someone else's problems. Also check the sellers Feedback Scores, and comments......or you could be caught by the cowboys.
  • When you install a new Hard Drive and install Windows again - unless you are using a Recovery Disk supplied with your PC, you will need to download and install Drivers relating to all your internal components in order to get it all working properly (ie graphics, sound, etc) - these can be got on most manufacturers websites by entering the model no of your PC/laptop.
Hope the above is of use to someone, and if anyone has any queries, please don't hesitate to ask.
NI Racing Pigeon - Online Racing Pigeon Magazine

buster121

Post by buster121 » March 2nd, 2013, 7:48 am

Hi thank you for the help and info, I changed my hard drive but still had the same problem, as it turned out it was a memory stick,

killer

Post by killer » March 3rd, 2013, 7:08 pm

My memory stick is wearing out has well ?;does anyone know of a good brain doctor ?lol

buster121

Post by buster121 » March 3rd, 2013, 8:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: its ok mate im one, just take off your socks and wash your feet

killer

Post by killer » March 4th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Waiting ?lol

Return to “Compture Problems”