Racing today

Talk about anything that is not relevant to the boards below.
trench

Re: Racing today

Post by trench » April 21st, 2017, 11:00 pm

Good luck all, hope its a winning day.
Win or lose I hope your birds make it home safely :D just enjoy the experience :D

stevekulpa

Post by stevekulpa » April 22nd, 2017, 12:04 am

Hi all the first bird was a herman ceusters hen related to some of our best cocks, the second one was a deklak/janseen both were together but she out trapped him ,On a downer the double fed winner was reported in Swindon on Thursday night within an hour I was there to collect him he had a bash on his back a broken leg a smashed up underneath and unfortunately died during the night :( far play to the none fancier that reported him he tried to get him to eat and drink even contacted a vet that wanted £40 to look at him ,he told the vet to do one and he'd find the owner and look after it himself until it was picked up although your proberly not going to read this les thanks again for all your trouble.

buster121

Post by buster121 » April 22nd, 2017, 6:10 am

Sad to see, but well done to the none fancier for his help

Bryngwynt

Post by Bryngwynt » April 22nd, 2017, 6:19 am

stevekulpa wrote:
April 22nd, 2017, 12:04 am
Hi all the first bird was a herman ceusters hen related to some of our best cocks, the second one was a deklak/janseen both were together but she out trapped him ,On a downer the double fed winner was reported in Swindon on Thursday night within an hour I was there to collect him he had a bash on his back a broken leg a smashed up underneath and unfortunately died during the night :( far play to the none fancier that reported him he tried to get him to eat and drink even contacted a vet that wanted £40 to look at him ,he told the vet to do one and he'd find the owner and look after it himself until it was picked up although your proberly not going to read this les thanks again for all your trouble.
Sorry to here about the double fed winner,but it does show the general public do care.And took the time to look after the bird and report it.Good luck this weekend and thanks for the update on the winners breeding.

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » April 22nd, 2017, 8:02 am

Sad to hear about your double fed winner, you knew something had happened. Good of the none fancier to put themselves out.

trench

Post by trench » April 22nd, 2017, 9:17 am

stevekulpa wrote:
April 22nd, 2017, 12:04 am
That's a real shame Steve, sorry to hear it, at least you know why he didn't make it home. Its disgusting that some of these vets won't do anything for nothing, thought they were supposed to care !!! Very good of the non fancier to take the time and trouble to care for the bird and report it, it's just a shame more fanciers don't.
Good result last week, just shows these hens can still hold their own :D
All the best for today fella.

stevekulpa

Post by stevekulpa » April 22nd, 2017, 11:12 pm

Another good day they came realy well into a brisk head wind we had about 100 in 30 mins, well pleased and again a hen first then a hen and two cocks, makes a nonsense about splitting them up into separate baskets so they don't drop together :?:
Last edited by stevekulpa on April 23rd, 2017, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryngwynt

Post by Bryngwynt » April 23rd, 2017, 8:11 am

Great team performance then Steve,keep up the good work.

ChrisRoscoe
Site Admin

Post by ChrisRoscoe » April 23rd, 2017, 8:58 am

glad racing went well for most, my saturday was so poor first bird home was a hour late then last bird home was 5 hours late so after throwing my dolly out the pram yesaday and moaning and wanted to give up like a baby lol instead ill sort out what i think im doing wrong and move forward and i will improve and i will get near the top i want to win :)
Name: Chris Roscoe
Club: Rushden and Ruands South Road Flying Club
Fed: Mid Northants South Road

Petedav

Post by Petedav » April 23rd, 2017, 9:27 am

Happy with my birds yesterday, just out of the cards but all home in good time, first bicc race next week, will be sending 4 to falaise and see how they do.

Return to “Chat Racing Pigeon”