How do you match strains?

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
CDBL

Re: How do you match strains?

Post by CDBL » March 25th, 2017, 10:48 pm

Andy123 wrote:
March 25th, 2017, 10:42 pm
It will be interesting to see how they get on. Good luck with them, hope they do well for you.
Thanks Andy, I am definitely waiting for training etc to begin with anticipation. We got two more from Bonnie & Clyde, but it was too late to enter them into the RPRA OLR, but James likes them enough to give them space in his racing loft so will get some more race information from those as well. Will be very intriguing to see how they all get on.

Also, I ran my genetic signature tool on Clive and Dave, and it looks like Dave should be really good at about 280-290miles. Mine were more like 300-350 miles. So it will be interesting to see whether this helps mine in the latter stages, what with racing 5 weeks straight from 50 miles up to 250 miles. Providing they all make it to the end, it should show how much a fast paced racing regime takes out of the birds.
Follow my genetics tests at http://ownaracingpigeon.com

devo56

Post by devo56 » March 26th, 2017, 11:02 am

Sorry to hear that you did not make the rpra olr, they look nice birds. Hope all goes well in their future.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » March 26th, 2017, 11:05 am

what you must remember rpra olr is north road racing and last race could be near or over 300mls

Potter29

Post by Potter29 » March 26th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Very interesting web site cbdl i will be following ur progress , atb

CDBL

Post by CDBL » March 26th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Thanks Potter. I try to update the blog, and hopefully will have results to publish at some point.

Yeh I know Rainbow, I think last year they were talking about moving it over to the east slightly away from the hawks. I think they altered it for the final race releasing at Alnwick and was 280 something miles, about 290 when you look at average wind speeds they were flying into.

Thanks Devo, got two in in time, just hope they make it through the race to get me some data. Out of 6 entries I only got two from Bonnie and Clyde and two from Tumley.
Follow my genetics tests at http://ownaracingpigeon.com

trench

Post by trench » March 26th, 2017, 8:08 pm

They look cracking birds CBDL, look forward to watching their progress.
Good luck, hope all goes well with them.

Very best wishes.

Return to “Breeding, Strains & Families”