Natural Breeding Station Belgium

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
PVDMR

Natural Breeding Station Belgium

Post by PVDMR » April 19th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Andy123

Re: Natural Breeding Station Belgium

Post by Andy123 » April 19th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Wouldn't want to be getting youngsters from there Stu. wouldn't know who they were out over and not looking very well kept.

buster121

Post by buster121 » April 19th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Blimey can't believe how dirty the boxes are and for such a big stud

PVDMR

Post by PVDMR » April 19th, 2017, 5:36 pm

Andy123 wrote: ↑
April 19th, 2017, 4:18 pm
Wouldn't want to be getting youngsters from there Stu. wouldn't know who they were out over and not looking very well kept.
🤔,recall Staf van Reet got a breeding station ticket ( one free with so many bags of corn )took that ticket to the breeding station,allowing him to get a bird,...brought that bird home,bred out of that bird,that was the start of that Daniel dynasty!

PVDMR

Post by PVDMR » April 19th, 2017, 6:08 pm

buster121 wrote: ↑
April 19th, 2017, 4:53 pm
Blimey can't believe how dirty the boxes are and for such a big stud
One stud I went to I never viewed the birds i wanted,one had to ask at reception what birds you were after,they in turn got a fella to go and fetch a few in boxes,who knows they might have been in the Same State
The Other stud we went to where I got my Van Loons....same again,asked what I wanted...so off goes the fella with a basket in hand,over a 5 bar gate,15mins later 6 birds in the basket,you never see the birds in there loft/s
At least those birds at the breeding station are on wire,so the detritus drops through so they are not standing in it
Agree with you there,there well over due,a barrow & a scraper :)

grizzlecock

Post by grizzlecock » April 19th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Andy123 wrote: ↑
April 19th, 2017, 4:18 pm
Those piles of droppings looked excellent Andy,i would not have any fear of getting very healthy babies fron there mate ,nice way to build up immunity

trench

Post by trench » April 19th, 2017, 8:31 pm

I personally agree with Grizzlecock, I think we worry too much about how clean our lofts are. As long as they are dry and well ventilated I don't think a bit of muck will do them any harm. It will help build natural antibodies and if the birds are healthy then there shouldn't be too much in their droppings that will cause any harm.
I also don't go much on pedigrees, as long as the birds are coming from an established source/team and have the attributes you are looking for then you have a pretty good chance of getting birds that will do the job. You can spend silly money on pedigrees and still get rubbish. What you do with them once you have them is the art of this sport, how you select your breeding can ruin a good line or improve an average one. Jmo.

Atb

Return to “Breeding, Strains & Families”