Pigeon in my garden for 10 days

Post the details of the found pigeon here.
PVDMR

Re: Pigeon in my garden for 10 days

Post by PVDMR » September 7th, 2016, 10:15 am

likecockatoos wrote:PVDRM I'm not feeding it on purpose; I put out food on a daily basis for all the birds who are in my garden and at nights for the foxes and hedgehogs who come around too.

What is moulting out? Is it something to do with shedding feathers. I'm learning about pigeons on this site. Never thought I'd want to but one never knows.
You Asked for Advice....I gave it!

Moulting ...Casting out there old feathers,and Getting New Ones!

Have a Nice Day

Oh Aye
That stray I've had in for awhile... NWHU Cheq hen
It's getting picked up this afternoon :P :P :P

TBone96

Post by TBone96 » September 7th, 2016, 4:25 pm

Did they pick the bird up off you mate

PVDMR

Post by PVDMR » September 7th, 2016, 4:35 pm

TBone96 wrote:Did they pick the bird up off you mate
Highflyers picked it up at 2,it's on it way back to the Wirral!

buster121

Post by buster121 » September 7th, 2016, 5:35 pm

Bet your glad its gone home

likecockatoos

Post by likecockatoos » September 12th, 2016, 10:42 pm

25 days now or thereabouts and the poor little baby is still here. I did try not feeding it for a few days; it sometimes goes off and sort of flies round in a massive big circle and then comes back to the roof of my house. I made myself not look for 3 days and then when I did lo and behold the poor baby was still on the roof of my house, sort of lying down in a bundled up way rather than standing up and strutting about as it was when it first arrived. So I put some more food out - premium sunflower hearts - and he/she has spent about 20 minutes eating and now looks a lot better. I don't think it will ever go home now; I think it's home is here after all this time.

As the temperature falls and the weather worsens. what must I do to look after the poor little thing, bearing in mind that I stand no chance of catching it and have given up trying for now. I know I'm very likely a pain in the backside by now but I will appreciate any assistance/words of encouragement regarding looking after it that anyone is willing to provide, having seen my previous posts. I need to know what to feed it and where to get special food from for homing/racing pigeons. It must need more than sunflower hearts by now.

I was terribly worried about it in the heat and sun and I'm now worrying about how it's going to cope with the cold soon. I must look after it as best I can and need help. Thanks in advance to anyone who is not yet fed up with me and is still prepared to give me advice. xx

Potter29

Post by Potter29 » September 13th, 2016, 6:33 am

U say u have no chance of catching it ! U do theres plenty of ways !! As for the weather it will be fine , the cold mite even jee it on to make a move for home that is if you stop feeding it as uv been told previusly , u are now the reason it is still with you !!

buster121

Post by buster121 » September 13th, 2016, 6:36 am

The only way is to catch it really, but birds are meant to survive in the wild, just look at the ones in the towns and the wood pigeons etc

Return to “Found Pigeon”