does anybody know if theres any pigeon racing fairs coming up

For all classified birds for Sale. Only approved selling are allowed to post new topics
isaacs

does anybody know if theres any pigeon racing fairs coming up

Post by isaacs » August 19th, 2016, 10:07 pm

Anybody know of any birds fairs or something coming up this year so that i can get few stock birds in ready so i can hatch some ybs in for January next year?.

StuartLufcFryer

Re: does anybody know if theres any pigeon racing fairs coming up

Post by StuartLufcFryer » August 19th, 2016, 10:31 pm

Old comrades show Doncaster racecourse Nov 12th
Stuart fryer
West Leeds premier hs
Dewsbury Federation

rainbow

Post by rainbow » August 19th, 2016, 10:44 pm

Epsom was called a show but as there were no show classes now called a fair been there a few years ago think it's much bigger now

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 19th, 2016, 10:51 pm

Cheers fellas

Bryngwynt

Post by Bryngwynt » August 19th, 2016, 11:44 pm

isaacs wrote:Anybody know of any birds fairs or something coming up this year so that i can get few stock birds in ready so i can hatch some ybs in for January next year?.
I would do your homework on what you want.No what you want to pay per bird.Remember its just not a case of getting birds in November and expecting them to breed straight away.With new birds brought in you have to go through the usual tests canker,cocci and worms.PMV vaccinated then Parastop then got to wait 6 weeks before ready to start pairing.(otherwise any sooner you could get clear eggs)
Job done takes time effort and expensive,

I picked up birds at Blackpool,but did not expect to start breeding from them until April.And that is when they settled chose a box and bred 2 nests for me.

Ive just loaned out 14 pairs,been collected this coming week.Otherwise I would have offered you some to get you started.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » August 20th, 2016, 6:32 am

take your own food unless you have deep pockets

PVDMR

Post by PVDMR » August 20th, 2016, 6:37 am

Bryngwynt wrote:
isaacs wrote:Anybody know of any birds fairs or something coming up this year so that i can get few stock birds in ready so i can hatch some ybs in for January next year?.
I would do your homework on what you want.No what you want to pay per bird.Remember its just not a case of getting birds in November and expecting them to breed straight away.With new birds brought in you have to go through the usual tests canker,cocci and worms.PMV vaccinated then Parastop then got to wait 6 weeks before ready to start pairing.(otherwise any sooner you could get clear eggs)
Job done takes time effort and expensive,

I picked up birds at Blackpool,but did not expect to start breeding from them until April.And that is when they settled chose a box and bred 2 nests for me.

Ive just loaned out 14 pairs,been collected this coming week.Otherwise I would have offered you some to get you started.
Words of wisdom ;)
I to might have a few pairs to loan out soon.

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 20th, 2016, 10:08 am

Brynwgnt good points mate, i have spoken to a couple big well known breeders few months back, one who is local to me and the other a lot further north and i am getting in just 12 pedigree ybs (6 from each breeder) in January and not just any birds but breeds/strains i think will suit me best to start with.

Me and my uncle and few others were also going to go to Belgium in January as he knows of some bird fairs over there that he's bought from before over the years, but i realised yesterday my passport has expired and i won't be renewing it so wandered if any similar bird fairs i can attend over here.

Although iv been interested in the sport for best part of a decade i am only just getting started with it myself, so i don't want to spend anymore then £1000 on birds to start with and the 12 ybs are going to eat lot of that up so thought possibly at a fair might be able to have a deal on few more birds.

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 20th, 2016, 10:08 am

Thankyou all

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 20th, 2016, 10:12 am

rainbow wrote:take your own food unless you have deep pockets
Will do mate tar for advice :)

Return to “Birds For Sale”