does anybody know if theres any pigeon racing fairs coming up

For all classified birds for Sale. Only approved selling are allowed to post new topics
Bryngwynt

Re: does anybody know if theres any pigeon racing fairs coming up

Post by Bryngwynt » August 20th, 2016, 11:28 am

isaacs wrote:Brynwgnt good points mate, i have spoken to a couple big well known breeders few months back, one who is local to me and the other a lot further north and i am getting in just 12 pedigree ybs (6 from each breeder) in January and not just any birds but breeds/strains i think will suit me best to start with.

Me and my uncle and few others were also going to go to Belgium in January as he knows of some bird fairs over there that he's bought from before over the years, but i realised yesterday my passport has expired and i won't be renewing it so wandered if any similar bird fairs i can attend over here.

Although iv been interested in the sport for best part of a decade i am only just getting started with it myself, so i don't want to spend anymore then £1000 on birds to start with and the 12 ybs are going to eat lot of that up so thought possibly at a fair might be able to have a deal on few more birds.

That's great news about the 12 ybs in January so a start of a race team.But if they are latebreds you won't be breeding from them until April so will have missed the early bred ybs ?

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 20th, 2016, 2:57 pm

That's great news about the 12 ybs in January so a start of a race team.But if they are latebreds you won't be breeding from them until April so will have missed the early bred ybs ?[/quote]

Not sure I follow you mate?...in short I have my loft finished and understandably i eventually want some birds in there lol. I want to get involved and race them next year. My understanding was one of 2 options...i get few stock birds in soon and eventually breed some early 2017 ybs out and or just buy some early 2017 ybs in and get going and race the yongbirds races.
I'll probably just get some ybs in january 2017.

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 20th, 2016, 3:03 pm

In the meantime I wandered if there were any pigeon/bird fairs on this year as I could go have a look around and possibly buy few stock birds and breed some ybs out but the bird fairs are on too late in year for me by looks of it.

buster121

Post by buster121 » August 20th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Telford show is on eitehr just after Doncaster or just before, think Epsom is the first one though

Bryngwynt

Post by Bryngwynt » August 20th, 2016, 4:34 pm

isaacs wrote:In the meantime I wandered if there were any pigeon/bird fairs on this year as I could go have a look around and possibly buy few stock birds and breed some ybs out but the bird fairs are on too late in year for me by looks of it.
That's good you are thinking what you are doing.If I was you and want to get started I would look at getting ybs in between Jan/April to race.This way you don't have to worry about having stock birds (but always nice to breed your own)

I will have a look at what's here.If I can help I will give you some..Leave it with me !
If you had asked earlier on I would have given you some but 14 pairs going out this week.

Doncaster show is 12th November

Telford 26th November

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 20th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Thanks for the advice Bryngwynt...appreciated mate

isaacs

Post by isaacs » August 20th, 2016, 5:23 pm

buster121 wrote:Telford show is on eitehr just after Doncaster or just before, think Epsom is the first one though
Thanks buster

Return to “Birds For Sale”