Looking for a dove or two...

Post any items you may want here.
WoodyYork

Looking for a dove or two...

Post by WoodyYork » November 2nd, 2015, 3:25 pm

This may seem a totally random (and possibly impossible) request...

I work for a church in York and we're having an advent-themed family service on Sunday 29th November. I'm using a giant advent calendar (a book case wrapped up) to engage the kids with different ideas about advent. One of the things I'd like to talk about is peace, and I've had this idea...

I'd love to have a dove or two (I'd take a while pigeon!) inside one of the compartments of the bookcase, so when a child rips off the paper there will be a dove or two in there. I would then take out the dove/pigeon and talk a little bit about peace, before releasing it outside to fly back home (or give it back to its owner if they preferred that to it flying home).

It's a rather than strange idea I know, but I'm looking for someone in the York area who might be willing and able to do this. I'd happily make a contribution to your costs! I've searched online and the only places offering this are companies aiming at doing this for weddings for £150 a pop!

Please do get in touch if you are in the York area and might be able to help me out.

ChrisRoscoe
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a dove or two...

Post by ChrisRoscoe » November 2nd, 2015, 3:49 pm

You would need white pigeons if you was to release them and I see your point on company's quite costly but u may find it hard finding a fancier with white birds :( but I'll look on other forums for you
Name: Chris Roscoe
Club: Rushden and Ruands South Road Flying Club
Fed: Mid Northants South Road

buster121

Re: Looking for a dove or two...

Post by buster121 » November 2nd, 2015, 5:47 pm

You will probably have more luck trying pigeonland http://www.pigeonland.co/portal.php as they may have members in that area or

Pigeon chat they do have people that way

Return to “Wanted”