John halstead darkness

Post any items you may want here.
Potter29

Re: John halstead darkness

Post by Potter29 » January 24th, 2017, 6:22 am

killer wrote:
January 23rd, 2017, 10:53 pm
Because you are covering the Loft for Darkness ; even more important >
Don't understand why it's more important coz loft gets darkend ?? What difference does being dark make to the venterlation ?? :!: :!: can u explain

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » January 24th, 2017, 8:15 am

I think what killer is probably get at mate, is that too darken the loft you are putting up some sort of blind to block out the light and you will have to be careful not to block off your ventilation with your blinds. I have never flown the Darkness system and don't think I would as I am not that fussed about winning young bird races. There more for giving the youngsters a bit of experience for me.

Potter29

Post by Potter29 » January 24th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Ahh rite mate , got ya ! Lol

killer

Post by killer » January 25th, 2017, 1:07 am

spot on Andy .Block the Light by all means but not the Ventilation at the same time .if you cut back on fresh air more likely for your birds to get sick ????? .Because you race in the Summer you need to slow down the Moult for Young birds over there; that's why the Darkness System ; we out here race the Winter & use the Light System to Quicken up the Moult ; North of us in {QLD} the practise is to cut the last two flights in each wing 3 months out from racing ;then after 7 to 10 days pull them out ;this give's you a full wing to race .birds will still work around the Loft after you Cut & Pull the Flights the same as a full wing ;but when regrown Race Better than the Birds that Normally are Moulting ; cheers

Return to “Wanted”