buster121

Falcon

Post by buster121 » October 23rd, 2012, 12:23 pm

took the pied I had off Chris whilst exercising

ChrisRoscoe
Site Admin

Re: Falcon

Post by ChrisRoscoe » October 23rd, 2012, 5:31 pm

ooo poor thing why you got them out at this time of year anyways ? your begging for more hits ?
Name: Chris Roscoe
Club: Rushden and Ruands South Road Flying Club
Fed: Mid Northants South Road

buster121

Post by buster121 » October 23rd, 2012, 5:56 pm

Chris the falcons and hawks are about here several times a day all year so makes little difference really,and I think they need regular exercise to keep fit and alert, ill put some pics on in the winter when they are flying in the snow lol

ChrisRoscoe
Site Admin

Post by ChrisRoscoe » October 23rd, 2012, 6:24 pm

lol most people keep them in over winter coz there get more hits then normal mate
Name: Chris Roscoe
Club: Rushden and Ruands South Road Flying Club
Fed: Mid Northants South Road

rickyw

Post by rickyw » October 23rd, 2012, 6:45 pm

shame about the bird buster,mine only out early once a week for bath an a quick fly round,they could have a bath inside im only letting them fly as i was told it helps with the moult,otherwise they would be locked down for winter,that hawk looks hungry,i was stood at the avary on my mates stock loft and what i think was a peregrine closed up and dived so fast straight towards me must of had eye on birds through perspex roof,then at about 10 foot above avary roof its tail fanned out and its yellow legs and talons came forward,i could see its hansom but evil face as it seemed to come to a halt mid air and flapped its wings and was off,but it was not scared of me it was like was only one thing on its mind ,3 weeks befor this it actually knocked one of his birds out of the flock into the garden then came down on it as it scamperd to the shrubbery,i ran over shouting and clapping my hands and it took of again i eventually got the blue hen from under my friends hedge,it was shocked and a few feathers short but otherwise un hurt,luckly,twice in the space of a month i have seen it in action at close quarters,thats why i say its hungry,i dont know if its coz of the time of year or if its a young un learning,but it looked quite dark from what i remember,both episodes were over i a mater of a couple of seconds as u can imagine ... :x
Club;Blackpool Columbrian Homing Society
Federation; West Coast Fed
L.O.F;whitchurch,shrewsbury,hereford,monmouth,mangotsfield,blandford...channel

buster121

Post by buster121 » October 23rd, 2012, 8:11 pm

that was lucky mate glad escaped, if they can see them they will hang around trying to get one, I would cover the perspex for a while let them think birds gone, right across the road from mine is where they nest, so can't escape them, yesterday there was 3 falcons, 2 low and 1 bit higher just following wherever pigeons went, the hawks come at least 3 times a day early morning then between 11 n 12.30 then about 5ish, so with them n the peregrines not much time for exercise, the bloke 2 doors away from me has lost over 40 young and old birds this year to the hawks and falcons they even came in his garden while he was there and took em out the bath
anyway hows your loft coming you haven't put any new pics up

buster121

Post by buster121 » October 23rd, 2012, 8:25 pm

[quote="rickyw"]shame about the bird buster,
yes it is, I had great expectations for her next year along with the 2 others I lost racing, they were earmarked for channel races

killer

Post by killer » October 23rd, 2012, 10:34 pm

buster that sounds Irish to me ?lol

buster121

Post by buster121 » October 24th, 2012, 9:03 am

what does

rickyw

Post by rickyw » October 24th, 2012, 3:39 pm

buster,im still waiting on the call to go help the guys take down the big shed and move it to mine,all ground work is done and space made..nearly anyways,so am waiting on a call,hope its in next few days as im off on my jollys for 2 weeks on 2nd november,was hoping to have shed erected at mine by then ready to start work on it when i get back with my batterys fully re charged,and i have now moved the couple of sumer breds i had in race loft ,they have been ranging the countryside and took em in the car a couple of times 30 mile for what it was worth,they are now in bits in the moult,so that shed is empty and ready for the stacks of nestboxes i made to go on back wall and put fronts on em,i want em white really,whats best to paint em with ?? :?: will post some pics of progress..when i make some progress that is.. :lol:
Club;Blackpool Columbrian Homing Society
Federation; West Coast Fed
L.O.F;whitchurch,shrewsbury,hereford,monmouth,mangotsfield,blandford...channel

Return to “Predators”